Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Beginnings!

Over the past two weeks, I’ve gotten married, got a new job in a new grade, and was named the head softball coach. My life is full of firsts right now and I am loving it.  I am going to be teaching 5th grade at Central.  This is where I went to school k-12 so I am super pumped about it. I am also super pumped about the fact that even though I am changing from first to fifth, I have taught fifth before and am pretty familiar with the curriculum.  We are getting Go Math! for our new math series.  I have heard mixed reviews but I am going with a positive attitude about it.  I posted a similar post a few weeks ago and the board decided not to do the transfers until about two weeks ago.  I thought I don’t want to jinx myself so I removed it, but now it is official and I am ready to move rooms, get organized, start planning…WOW I think I need to get busy!  Not to mention wash, dry, fold, and put away the clothes from the honeymoon, write down the 60+ gifts we received at the wedding, write 200+ thank-you notes, etc. etc. AH I am very blessed! Oh and the softball job…my sweet daddy has already cut the grass several times for me and I worked today for about and 1 1/2 using what we call the Mennonite tool to get the grass off the edges of the infield. I am busy busy girl.

Please leave a comment if you know any upper elementary blogs.  I am going to miss my first grade blog friends so much. 

Thanks so much!

No comments: