Sunday, May 1, 2011

I’m BACK!

Well for those of you who are even still out there my little faithful 40! haha I am posting after a very long hiatus.  I really have no excuse other than I have been sooo busy and so tired at night I have had no ideas or anything worth posting about.  I have a little down time on this Sunday afternoon and decided it was about time to get back into the swing of things if I was going to continue to have Open House!  For those who have been following and know that I coach softball our JV season is over.  We finished up 21-7 with five of those losses coming from the same team which happens to be our rival and is coached by my best friend.. I think I have mentioned this before, but I am extremely proud of those 19 girls who I would claim as my own any day.  We finished 2nd in our county which isn’t what we wanted but it was better than going home…. right? Below is a picture after playing for about 10 hours in the sun and losing the county championship.. we are forcing smiles but we all truly love the game and had a great season!DSCN1800

So now we are on to the end of the Varsity season and we will be hosting our Area Tournament this week.  The top two teams will advance to the Regional Tournament in Huntsville next week.

Speaking of Huntsville,   I am sure that you have heard by now about the terrible devastation that our state (Alabama) is facing. E4 and E5 tornados ripped through the upper half of our state last Wednesday.  Luckily my town wasn’t hit terrible and we have very minimal damage with a few trees down, but neighboring towns like Hackleburg, East Limestone, Phil Campbell, and Tuscaloosa were not so lucky and are experiencing mind boggling devastation.  The link is from a local photographer, Amanda Chapman, Facebook page. You can click on her name or the picture below for more photographs. The destruction is uncomprehendable and these people need everything.  There are places taking donations to the cities by the truckloads.  It is amazing the generosity we are witnessing in our state in such a time of need.  We are truly a state that works together and serves a living God and we believe that He will take care of us through the storm!

I can’t keep but count my blessings and I think that we will remember how lucky we are to have a house to clean, a yard to mow, clothes to wash, and mouths to feed for a long time after hearing and seeing the heartache of the victims.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

I do have wedding and teaching related posts coming in between the loads of laundry :)

SO VERY THANKFUL

{Laura}

No comments: