Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fun Stuff

So February and March are really fun times to be a teacher.  There are so many things that teachers can use to incorporate “fun” activities to teach our objectives.  Sometimes I feel I have to do a dog and pony show for my kids to pay attention, but these past few weeks my kids have really been super great.  They are tired and worn out from being in school so long and there is no break insight {Spring Break is not till mid April}, but they are trying.  It helps that we have had Valentine’s, Presidents’ Day, and Dr. Seuss’s b-day to celebrate with some really cool activities. I am also looking forward to my St. Patrick’s Day and SPRING units.

What are you looking forward to in the next few weeks?  Don’t forget to click on the blogs on the sides.  There are some really talented and giving teachers out there.  I have no idea how they find time to put together the units and pintables that they do.  I am so thankful for their creativity and willingness to share with others.

Pictures are from my cell phone I missed placed my camera for several days sorry they are pretty much awful but maybe you can get the gist of what we did.

2011-03-01_14-24-09_483 

Presidents’ Day sort: I really need to do a better job of documenting where I get things from off the internet… If I got this from your blog please let me know I will give you credit for it.  I wanted the kids to have some independent working time but didn’t think that they could just read, cut and sort this cold turkey. So, We read each fact and decided together if it was about Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, or if it qualified for both.  As you can see we colored G.W. facts blue, A. L. red, and both Green.  After we colored coded everything the kids were able to cut and glue independently while I got some other things completed. The next morning I had all the piece for the presidents  on the kids desks and they glued them together.  Then they got to choose their scrapbooking paper color and design and glued the Venn diagram and presidents to the scrapbooking paper. I didn’t take the picture till after I took all of them off the wall… but they were pretty stinkin cute.

2011-03-01_14-24-27_905              2011-03-01_14-24-33_421 

This was the first of our Dr. Seuss activities: We read Horton Hears a Who and we made specks… ohhh this went over with a BANG! The kids colored a popsicle stick with a marker {which makes the kids so happy when they can color with MARKERS}. Then they got to choose the color of their clover and I puff painted a speck on the craft ball.  They were all talking to their specks and making sure the Who’s were okay.  So cute!

2011-03-01_14-24-48_5851299260275268

I found my camera today and will take more pictures from our Dr. Seuss week tomorrow when I go plan for the week.

Happy Teaching!

No comments: