Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Week of the New Year

 

IMG_0214IMG_0219IMG_0221

IMG_0223

Carter and I spent a fair amount of time at what is soon to be my home away from home… The Softball Field.  We are trying to make the rye grass grow…it is slowly but surely coming along.  Also trying to get new ideas for the locker room!  Don’t want to spoil it for any of the girls which are highly likely to NOT be reading this but just in case I’ll post pictures later of those ideas.

I also spent a lot of time at school getting back in the groove.  It didn’t take long. We also have full week coming up but then will enjoy a four day week next week!  Whoo hoo!  Just keep the snow away PUHLEASE!

IMG_0289Monday, Carter worked late so I thought that I would do something simple and “healthy” for diner. {ya know it being the new year and all}  Carter LOVES Cracker Barrel's Chef Salad, so I thought that I would just recreate that for him with a side of fresh asparagus and mushrooms…for me…because he doesn’t eat asparagus or mushrooms ha!  This was so EASY and yummie!  I just spread my asparagus out on the parchment paper and sprinkled with olive oil, salt and pepper.  The I tossed it around with my tongs and then added the mushrooms on top.  It smelled so good cooking in the oven.  I heated my oven to 350 degrees and let the veggies roast for about 15 min while I chopped up my other veggies and lettuce for the salad. IMG_0304We had orange and green bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, jalapenoes, cucumbers, roasted chicken (from the store. I just pull it off the bone), cheese, bacon bits, and Italian dressing.  It was fantastic and it lasted for lunch two days. IMG_0302

 

 

Tuesday was the eventful day.  I took my precious momma to the dr. in bham to have her stitches removed from her back surgery which took all of like 8 min.  Seriously. Carter called me on the way and told me he had hit his head on the kitchen light fixture and it had broken.  I was thinking maybe one of the globes, I made sure he was okay and he said he didn’t have time to clean it up and for me to be careful when I got home.  Nothing could prepare me for what I was going to walk into the house to….photo

       IMG_0314He sure does have one hard head, but I was extremely concerned that he had a concussion because that it some seriously thick glass.  The good news is I HATED that light fixture and have been begging for one for quite sometime. YaY! So I got a new light this weekend!  Its not the GREATEST thing that you have ever seen, but it serves two purposes: 1. Carter can’t hit his head on it and 2. It doesn’t get it the way of the shelves I really don’t want to move.

IMG_0333    IMG_0252IMG_0335

I do like my non holiday shelves, but am looking forward to decorating for Valentine’s Day.

I hope your first week of 2012 was GREAT and that you have 51 more just like them!

I’m going to start giving my Ss a motivational quote of the week and this next weeks is:

You’re always in control of two things your EFFORT and your ATTITUDE!

Loving Life,

Laura

No comments: