Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kentucky Derby Pie

Yes I know it is no where close to May, but this is my favorite pie that my Momma makes and I wanted to attempt it for myself.  It is great for a chocolate pick me up when working 15 hours a day getting ready for a new school year..or any occasion really!

DSCN2446DSCN2447          DSCN2448

Please ignore the fancy plate… haha!  No dirty dishes during back to school time! The recipe is below I hope you enjoy it as much as Carter and I do!

1 unbaked pie crust

2 large eggs

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/2 sugar

1/2 brown sugar

1 and 1/2 sticks of butter, softened

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)

PREHEAT oven to 325

Beat eggs in large mixer on high till bubbly. Add Flour and sugars. Beat in butter, stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

Cool on wire rack.

Enjoy with ice cream and SOME MILK!

No comments: