Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wedding Weekend

The Dress
I have been looking at wedding dresses my whole adult life.  I worked at Kennedy’s Bridal in college and had to quit to student teach.  Then my sister bought it and changed the name to Cherry Tree Lane (from her favorite movie Mary Poppins).  So needless to save with every new catalog we would immediately pick “which one was ours.” So you can imagine in the last six years how many of “That’s the One” moments we have had.  My criteria was tough to meet:
NO STRAPLESS!  I hate it when you look in the paper on Sunday and all the brides look the same.  Their shoulders just a showing with maybe an inch of their dress.
No Back out!  I am a realistic kinda gal… who wants to see my back walking down the aisle..uh, NO-Body. That’s Who!
No lace-up back.  I am sure this is a personal preference, but I can’t handle that!
Pockets: I.Love.Pockets.  I’ve never really been one to know what to do with my hands.  They always end up being awkward. Behind  your back, laced in front, arms crossed, on your hips??? All of the above give my grandmother and mom a chance to “make a face.” So hence the pockets!
A-line…not ballgown.  I once wore a ballgown to a winter formal… It was beautiful, but Lord Have Mercy at the dress.  I could even get up in the truck.  Very  impractical, for me on my wedding day, even though I think they photograph well.
I am sure there was more criteria to meet, but we will leave it at that.  Whitney sold her store but not before we both found “The One” we wanted for real.  I will show you a few inspirations I used to find my wedding dress.  Of course, you’ll have to wait 182 days and then after the honeymoon before I post it on here!
*All images are from theknot.com
Gown features beaded belt.Lo-Ve-La by Liz Fields 9100Allure Bridals 8772Anne Barge 553Justin Alexander 8474Angel Rivera CarmenAdele Wechsler Eco Couture NunaAnd my all time favorite dre58562_Monique-Lhuillier-Ball-Gown-Jacqueliness (besides the one I actually  bought) is this Monique Lhuillier.  It is beautiful and my  dream dress, but oh, well. I love my dress and can’t wait to put it on July 9th!

2 comments:

The Gists said...

I can't wait to see you in your dress! I am praying that my little one doesn't make an arrival until after your wedding. I have waited way too many years to see y'all get married :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! What is the name of this Monique Lhuillier dress?